Tuesday 28 June 2011

Crochet and sewing in midnight blue!

Morning all!

Thought I would show you a couple of things I have made recently that have a midnight blue theme!  Love this colour, and although I love bright and pastel shades (more of which in a future post) I have always gone for darker colours. 

Here is a crochet corsage in a blue so dark it is almost black:



I popped a few shiny beads in the centre just to give the colour a little lift.

And, going back to my heart theme I also made this:


I embroidered the heart in a silver thread.  The fabric was purchased when on a Grand Day Out with my dear friend Sue.  These particular  makes went out as part of the Midsummer Nights Dream Swap to my super swap partner Rae but Im planning to make a series of hearts in similar style to show the different phases of the moon.  Here are the rest of the things I popped into her parcel:


I really loved sewing with the silver thread but it tended to strand quite a bit - any tips re. how to stop it doing that? 

Hope you have a lovely day!

Helenxx

6 comments:

  1. Love the crochet corsage, especially the embellishments :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my midnight blue pretties, my heart is getting sniffed a lot!

    Now I am back from my massage course I am going to get stuck in to making something with the lovely shiny fabric you gave me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely corsage, and delightful heart with moon. You could do with a smoother silver thread, remind me to show you some gold thread I have tomorrow night :)
    Sue X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found you and your friend's blogs. They're lovely. I do like the midnight blue things. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your midnight blue creations very much, they look very stylish. Enjoy your stitching and have a great week.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did a pay it forward award thingy to you on my blog today, hope you don't mind - never done one before so I'm hoping I got it all right! R x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!